The trend for micropubs was established in 2005 in Kent and has been growing in popularity ever since.
I visited my first micropub in 2014 and immediately thought, “why aren’t there any micropubs in West London?”. I’d always thought there was more to life than 5 days a week behind a desk, driven by targets, board meetings and meetings about bloody meetings! So, the plan to launch my very own micropub and bring the concept north of the river was born (once redundancy from a big media publisher gave me the kick up the bum I needed to do something for myself).
The Dodo Micropub is a welcoming, community focused pub that serves cask ale straight from the barrel, craft beer, real cider, wine, prosecco and soft drinks. Pub snacks are also available and we hold monthly food pop ups too to bring in hot food options.
As a true independent, my beers will be on constant rotation and will support local and regional micro and craft breweries. Ale has some of the most diverse and complex range of flavours compared to other alcoholic drinks and my aim is to bring you delicious beers that you’ll really enjoy!
There is no music, no electronic distractions like a TV blaring out sky sports, instead conversation is promoted as the main form of entertainment.
The Dodo Micropub is –
- Community focused
- A showcase and champion for good beer that is full of flavour (no corporate, lack-luster lagers!)
- A place for connecting locals who haven’t met
- A place for people to relax and forget a challenging day or celebrate a great one
- A place for just a simple gathering over a few drinks with friends
- A place for the best of humanity to come together over a beer (or an organic wine)!